Heidi J. Resnik
- BA in English from UCLA
- M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction with an Emphasis in English from California Lutheran University
- 25 years classroom teaching experience in the Oxnard Union High School District:
-Has taught Honors, ELL, College Prep.
- Currently teaching English 1 & 2 at Adolfo Camarillo High School
- Has served as a leader in Professional Development and Curriculum for 18 years
- Taught at California State University Northridge in the Department of Education for five years
- Honors include AMGEN Teacher of Excellence Award in 2001; Ventura County Teacher of the Year in 2005; Oxnard Union High School District Teacher of the Year 2005
- Miss Resnik’s lessons are 100% aligned to the new Common Core State Standards.
- Miss Resnik teaches students organizational skills, study skills, and close reading techniques that will assist all students across the curriculum.
- Miss Resnik’s specialty is teaching students the art and craft of written expression. In addition to helping students write essays for their English and social science classes, she is especially talented in helping seniors write their personal statements for college admissions and scholarship narratives for financial grants and awards. Miss Resnik assists students in creating essays that reflect their true personalities by teaching students how to use their voice, varied syntax, and appropriate diction.
― Abigail Adams
- BA in Liberal Studies from Azusa Pacific University
- BA in Spanish from Azusa Pacific UniversityK-6 Multiple Subjects credential from Cal State University Channel Islands
- BCLAD in Spanish
- Has taught 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. Also, 8th grade Language Arts and U.S. History
- 6+ years of teaching experience.
- Currently teaching 2nd and 3rd grade dual immersion Spanish side at University Preparation School in Camarillo
- B.A.’s from UCSD in Political Science and Economics
- M.Ed. from National University in Cross-Cultural Teaching with a Technology emphasis
- Taught AP US History for 6 years at Rancho Alamitos High School in Garden Grove, CA
- Taught AP European History
- Most recently teaching IB History of the Americas HL (both Year one and two) for the past 5 years at Rio Mesa High School in Oxnard, CA
- Has also taught US History, World Civilizations, Economics, Government, English, and Intro to Computers.
Dr. Ed Ransom, Jr
- B.A. History & M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction from Cal Lutheran University
- Doctorate in Education Leadership from UCSB
- Taught 10 years Geography (CP), World History (CP & Honors), Government (CP & AP), & Economics (CP & AP), also worked in High School administration 4 years
- Currently teaching AP Economics & World History at Channel Islands High School
- Honors include USC Rochelle Ollifson Teacher of Impact in 2003; Spartan Award-Teaching Excellence (student chosen); Teacher of the Year, Rio Mesa High School 2006-07
- Works with students to develop study strategies, test taking skills, note taking strategies, tips and tricks for learning social science content and reading & writing within the social sciences. Also, familiar with the struggles of ADD/ADHD students and strategies to help them succeed in the classroom.
Carrie A. Burton